Is your spreadsheet slow? Do you want to know which part of it is the bottleneck? If so, Bottleneck Detector is your best friend!
- Bottleneck Detector detects slow worksheets among all the worksheets of your spreadsheet.
- It can also be finer-grained and detect slow ranges inside your workbook.
- As a result, amending the bottleneck of your spreadsheet will improve its performance.
Elements in the Task Pane
- 3 buttons
- 1 result area
- 1 collapsable message area
- 1 manual page
MUST-DO Before Running the Tool
- make a copy of your workbook,
and run the tool on the copy, because the tool will modify and write to it
- keep only the workbook to analyze opening, close other workbooks
- the calculation mode of the workbook must be automatic rather than manual
- unprotect manually the worksheets protected with password, if there is any
- the tool is suitable for relatively slow workbooks (eg., that take less than 3 minutes to calculate). If your workbook is slower than that, please contact our support
- a detection session takes time, so please be patient; run the tool in a stable environment to get a more accurate result
- you could run "detect slow sheets" before "detect slow ranges" to first get an overall idea
You could download the following examples and try to find their bottleneck:
We use trello to manage our product road-map and be interactive with you. Please feel free to make a feature request there, or to vote for upcoming features, eg.,:
- support array formulas
- show A1-style formulas when it is the setting of the user
For any question and issue, please write an email to: [email protected].